ARE YOUR FRIENDS THE MISSING INGREDIENT?
Do you know someone who'd be a great fit for Greene King?
If so, we want to hear from you! For any of our corporate or management vacancies, we offer an employee referral scheme where you could earn up to £1500*.
How do I get involved?
Search for jobs on mycareer.greeneking.co.uk and click on the refer when you find a suitable job
Simply input your referral email address and share the job with your friends and family if you think they would be a good fit.
Get paid £1500 before tax as soon as your referral starts with Greene King.
Terms and Conditions
1. What’s the purpose of the group team member referral scheme?
We want to attract and recruit the best talent at Greene King, and we know our team members can spot potential talent with the right skills and behaviours. Our Group Team Member Referral Scheme gives you the opportunity to recommend people to work at Greene King and be rewarded for doing so.
At Greene King we’re setting the bar for Inclusion & Diversity. We value the diversity of our people and are working to increase this through our referral scheme on our journey towards, everyday inclusion where everyone feels welcome, can thrive and truly belong.
As part of our commitment to creating an environment of everyday inclusion and to enable everyone more opportunity to better engage with and understand this policy we also offer an accessible video version with subtitles that is available to watch or listen to on demand <here>.
2. HOw MUCH IS THE reward?
The reward is £1500 (subject to tax). This will be for all support centre roles, Brewing and Brands, Pub Partners (employees of Greene King) and Pub Leadership Team roles.
You can nominate and introduce as many people as you like and can receive a payment for each successful candidate appointed into a role.
3. who’s eligible to take part in the scheme?
All Greene King team members can refer someone to join the business via the scheme and are eligible for payment except:
· Managers who are recruiting for positions within their own teams
· Any team members who will have input or influence during the recruitment process, this includes BDMs and GMs for Pub Roles
· Directors and members of the Ops Board
· The group resourcing team
· HRBPs who are involved in the decision-making process for their designated areas
The following are exempt from being referred:
· Anyone referred via an agency
· Former Greene King team members who have been employed by Greene King within the last 6 months unless they had left the business due to compulsory redundancy
· Internal team members. This scheme is purely for external candidates being referred into the business
· Venture PLT roles (Metro, Crafted, Hotels), Metro corporate roles
· Final decision on referral sits within the resourcing team. The Head of Resourcing will have final say if there are any queries regarding the outcome
· We will not backdate any referrals
· You must be in employment to receive payment. Anyone working notice is exempt
· Speculative CVs will not be accepted and referrals can only be made for live roles advertising on the career website
· You must know the person you are referring personally or have worked with them previously. This could be a friend, family member or former colleague.
4. which roles are covered by the scheme?
All full time and part-time permanent and fixed term roles (6-month duration and over) are eligible for full payment – see list below:
Corporate roles at:
· Bury St Edmunds
· Burton upon Trent
· Brewing & Brands (including Eastwood, Dunbar and Abingdon)
· Pub Partners (employees of Greene King)
· Field based operational support roles (including BDMs and Operations Managers)
Managed Pub roles:
· General Managers
· Assistant Managers / Deputy General Manger
· Kitchen Managers
Any other salaried roles should be referred to the resourcing team if unsure
5. how does the scheme work?
Within the employee portal in Smart Recruiters, please choose the referral tab and find the live role you would like to refer someone for. You will need to enter the details of the candidate including their email and why you are referring and an optional CV upload. Once you have referred, the candidate will receive notification and can then accept being referred. The resourcing team are notified at this point as well
The candidate will just need to accept the referral request from Greene King through Smart Recruiters
Payment of £1500 (subject to tax) will be made in one instalment once the candidate has joined Greene King
How will I receive my payment
This will be paid into your bank account with your salary in the next pay period following the candidates start date. This will show as a separate payment on your payslip
The resourcing team are happy to help, depending upon the role, please email your question to:
For corporate roles Pub Partner and Brewing & Brands
For pub roles, email: