Sales Development Manager (Yorkshire)
Field based role
At Greene King Brewing and Brands, now more than ever before, we know that spending time together is time well spent- especially in the traditional meeting venues of pubs, bars and clubs. As we prepare to re-engage with the On-Trade License Trade, the role of a Sales Development Manager is pivotal in providing the best brands and support to these venues to help them recover and flourish, and to develop a strong business relationship that results in long term loyalty.
We are looking for an experienced Sales manager to take ownership of all Free Trade accounts across a large part of Yorkshire. You will be responsible for managing all existing Greene King customers, identifying opportunities and driving additional sales and profit through these customers alongside new customer wins by implementing our Regional Free trade strategy.
With Nationally known Ale Brands such as Greene King IPA, Abbot Ale, Old Speckled Hen and Belhaven Best, and an emerging range of modern brands demand such as East Coast IPA and Ice Breaker Pale Ale, you would be expected to drive continuous distribution growth into the Yorkshire region, capitalising on the desire by customers to change their portfolio offering to suit the speed of change in the On Trade marketplace.
The traditional landscape of selling beers and lagers into the trade is changing. The trade demands more convenience, flexibility and support then it ever did. We pride ourselves on our Service, offering a `one stop shop` supply for most major on trade drinks requirements, but research demonstrates a trade requirement for wider business support. We are responding with range of financial benefits exclusive to Greene King. The ability to sell in customer specific financial propositions to maximise supplier\customer relations is a key requisite going forward.
You will be expected to manage this territory to maximise potential for Greene king in terms of P&L, whilst still providing the required level of service for every customer. Journey planning, both physically and virtually, is key in order to implement bespoke propositions to each customer, and thus a high level of organisational and administrative skills are required.
About you ...
- Strong Commercial Skills to maximise profitability through portfolio selling and financial sales
- Strong negotiation skills to defend existing business and penetrate new opportunities
- Good Communication skills and an ability to engage with external and internal customers at all levels
- Excellent planning and organisational ability to be able to work on own initiative in a demanding market
- A `Can Do` attitude with strong personal resilience
- Technically Literate and experienced on remote working and communication.
- High level ability in Data and Financial analysis to plan and implement effectively
- On Trade experience preferred
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5424