Area Designate Manager-Central Scotland, Farmhouse Inns
Salary:£33,000.00 - 40,000.00
Designate General Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Designate General Manager within Farmhouse Inns.
Farmhouse Inns are being rolled out by the way of new build sites at pace, meaning there will be plenty of opportunity for new managers.
A Farmhouse Inn is a high volume business within a complex food operation, offering a hearty breakfast, signature carvery and homemade cakes. We pride ourselves on the culture of our teams, helping everyone achieve their potential and deliver an amazing experience to our customers.
About the Role:
The Designate General Manager programme is designed for experienced Assistant or General Managers, currently working in hospitality or retail, who are keen to develop as a General Manager within a larger business such as Farmhouse Inns. With our fantastic training programme, you could be managing your own Farmhouse Inns within a period of around 6 months. There is a degree of travel involved with this role, however accommodation will be provided.
We call it, "You are the WOW". You'll call it, "doing what you do best". The purpose of your role will be to gain the core skills of a General Manager and have a clear understanding of Farmhouse Inns whilst having a commercial eye to spot potential opportunities to push the business forward. Leading and developing a large team, including managers to achieve their aspirations and showing resilience to adapt to the needs of the business will be another key part in your role along with keeping the customer in the heart of everything you do.
About your Journey:
You'll kick start with 2 weeks at our Support Centre, getting to know the brand, the heritage of Greene King, the support staff available to you, and completing your industry compliance training.
A further 10 weeks will be spent in a training house which will give you the relevant training, supported by experienced managers.
Next, we will release into the operation where you will be given the opportunity to complete relief and holding management roles, meaning you will develop a core understanding of how to successfully manage a Farmhouse Inn.
Throughout your journey you will be supported every step of the way from your Business Development Manager.
When we agree you are ready and subject to the right pub being available, you will be appointed as a General Manager of Farmhouse Inns.
We Value You
- Competitive Salary & Bonus Scheme
- Work Life Balance
- Pension Scheme
- Life Insurance
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Flaming Grill, Chef & Brewer and Farmhouse Inns)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses. Such as Management Development Programmes and NVQs.
- Friends and Family Discount Scheme entitles you to invite friends and family to join the discount scheme and benefit from up to 25% off food and drink
- By putting our CUSTOMER at the heart of what we do you will be joining a great TEAM that aspires to always treat each other with RESPECT and achieves great RESULTS!