Regional Surveyor (north west)
The Regional Surveyor will be responsible for ensuring the pubs within their region comply with relevant statutory obligations and are maintained in accordance with agreed Company and Divisional standards. They will also be responsible for the management of the repairs & maintenance budget and agreed investment capital within their region.
*Carrying out all surveying duties within a defined geography on a diverse range of pubs.
*Facilitate the effective delivery of a property surveying programme, including capital development projects within agreed company criteria.
*Liaise with the operations teams, and tenants to provide technical advice and expertise.
*Proactively manage the capital and revenue budgets and deliver best value
*Participate in industry bodies and maintain awareness of trends, opportunities and changes to property surveying best practice.
*Create proactive maintenance solutions to improve service and reduce cost.
*Communicate with the operational teams and provide appropriate information on maintenance spend and understand their priorities.
*Lead & direct a team of outsourced support service providers.
* PERSUASIVENESS - Ability to make a persuasive clear presentation of ideas or facts.
* PLANNING & ORGANISATION - Ability to establish an effective course of action to meet deadlines and deliver agreed results
* PROBLEM ANALYSIS - Effectiveness in identifying problems and possible causes of problems.
* DECISIVENESS - Readiness to make decisions, render judgements and take action.
* JUDGEMENT - Ability to evaluate data and reach logical decisions.
* ENVIRONMENTAL AWARENESS - Awareness of changing economic, social and industry environment that is likely to impact the organisation.
* ORGANISATIONAL SENSITIVITY - Capacity to perceive the impact of functional decisions on other parts of the organisation. To provide appropriate challenge within the function.
* CREATIVITY - Ability to come up with imaginative solutions; to innovate and identify radical alternatives.
* HONESTY - Fair open and honest when dealing with others inside or outside Greene King and takes responsibility for own actions.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req7832