Senior Maintenance Technician
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
We have an exciting opportunity to create a small maintenance team, working across a range of our London pubs completing various repairs ranging from simple building maintenance to plumbing, decorating, carpentry and gardening. The Senior Facilities Maintenance Technician will be responsible for the team, working to a budget and proving cost savings to the business, while providing great service to our pubs. The role will be varied from day to day with relevant training provided as will the tools to do the job. A van will also be provided to the team in order to transport tools and materials from one job to the next, therefore a driving license is required.
· Liaise with repairs help desk on daily basis to discuss and agree allocation of jobs by size and location
· Liaise with pubs to schedule works
· Working alongside a maintenance technician and managing their workload to complete maintenance tasks and repairs such as:
o Repairing fixtures and fittings
o Minor plumbing and carpentry
o Assembling furniture or equipment
o Garden landscape / maintenance
o Painting and decorating
· Keeping a track of completed works and notifying the repairs help desk once complete
· Identify parts required and collect from hardware stores as required
· Responsible to ensure purchases are kept within budget and items are procured at the best value, quality and cost for the company
· Ensure all works by the individual and team are carried out at the highest level of health & safety and adhere to the Health & Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and CDM 2015 regulations
· Ensure training record for team is kept up to date, organising training as required
· Work towards a set of Key Performance Indicators
· Manage any escalations to ensure the highest level of service is given at all times
· Work to a set standard of Greene King's Safe System of Works
Skills & Experience -
· Highly skilled in plumbing, carpentry and decorations
· Ability to resolve problems and adhere to health and safety guidelines
· Able to work as part of a team
· Good communication skills
· Good geographical skills to navigate across London
· Capable of working with machinery or lifting heavy equipment
· Resourceful and self motivated
· Good people management skills
Working and controlling a budget
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req2776