Senior Financial Controller (Premium, Urban & Ventures)
Base Location: London/Field
Our Senior Financial Controller is a key role within the Premium, Urban and Ventures finance and management team. The role directly supports the FD in ensuring financial governance and key activities (month end, budget, strategy etc) are performed on a timely and insightful basis, in addition to directly supporting the Operations Director to improve pub performance through insight and challenge. As the Ventures part of the business grows, this role is key in the integration of new business' into GK's financial systems and processes, as well as informally supporting the local Venture finance teams. The role deputises for the FD in their absence and therefore is a valued and respected member of the Premium, Urban and Venture management team and wider finance team.
This is a pivotal role in a newly created division and to push an agenda of data driving decision making. The person should be inquisitive, utterly reliable in their work, and able to build effective networks across finance and the business. The role needs to develop excellent working relationships with the MD, Ops Director and Leadership team members and be seen as a trusted partner.
Governance and investment
- Deputise for FD when necessary and support on longer term strategy and investments
- Own asset optimisation and relationship with property
- Ensure governance and financial control adherence of current and future venture brands
- Integration of new venture/acquisitions systems, processes and controls into GK
- Coordinate capital investment forums
- Partner with the Ops Director and business to provide 'real time' support and analysis, while also influencing and challenging business decisions of business partners
- Provide insight over business performance and identify areas in which efficiency and profits can be improved
- Curate quality and actionable weekly commentary to drive business performance
- With the Finance Business Partner, develop a suite of regular reporting, working with BI to automate and improve timeliness
- With the business, own the sales, gross margin and wages forecast and provide insightful weekly and timely reporting
- Lead on the collation and presentation of the monthly results pack, and improve to better meet the needs to the business
- Analyse the monthly financial results and monitor adherence to budgets & forecasts
- Create standard KPI's to track performance against budget/forecast, capturing variances to plan, evaluating consequences for the full year out turn and identifying strategies to mitigate adverse variances
- Own the high level and forward-looking aspects of the monthly reporting such as causes of change, risk and opportunities and FY outlook. Proactively identify business risks or opportunities and engage with the wider finance team and business to determine impact to the business
- Lead on the Financial Planning for the business, including long term business plans, budgets and re-forecasts.
- With the Commercial Finance Manager, oversee and manage the budget process, in conjunction with the Central teams, to produce a well understood budget. Set targets for the business to ensure meeting internal and external expectations, and critically review each driver to ensure cost efficiency and recovery, and value for money in investments
- Drive improvements to the forecast and budget process to ensure continued forecast accuracy
- Act as an ambassador in the development of cross functional partnering, within the wider Finance function and across the business.
- Direct responsibility for the line management and development of the PU Ops finance team, ensuring the teams have comprehensive personal development plans, linked to their individual objectives
- Able to influence people at all levels, internal and external, through listening and adjusting communication style to meet the needs of the audience
- Strong all-round communication skills including delivery and presentation of information to all levels of finance, as well as to Senior Management and Board
- Develop 'best in class' finance team
- Relentless, proactive focus on improving business performance
- Extensive knowledge of own numbers and always has a plan to meet or exceed targets without being asked
- Use thinking skills to analyse, decide, prioritise and plan
- Can balance short term requirements with long term objectives to achieve commercial goals
- Qualified accountant with strong academic background, and meaningful PQE
- Advanced Excel skills - including Financial Modelling
- Happy to get hands dirty and work as a team to get the job done
- Experience in a multi-site hospitality offering
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5342