Sales and Events Executive - The Bear, Hungerford
With over 3000 pubs and hotels we're already the biggest pub and brewing company in the UK and our mission is to be the best! We're looking for forward thinking, customer focused people to join us on our journey and unbottle their true potential.
Fancy working for a company where people are happy to help, people pull together to achieve goals and where you are allowed to be you? Then read on…
We are looking for a Sales and Events Executive to join our fantastic Greene King Inns team. Based at The Bear, Hungerford you will proactively drive meeting, events and room revenue within the hotels.
Networking to develop key relationships within the local marketplace will be top of your agenda, as well ensuring that all of our guests have an amazing experience from start to end. You will build your hotels reputation as a venue of choice for corporate bedrooms, meetings and events. You will work towards achieving sales targets, driving new business and developing relationships with key customers.
* Ideally we are looking for someone from a hospitality sales background.
* Proven experience in meeting and event management i.e. Weddings/ corporate meetings will be a distinct advantage.
* We're looking for someone who will live and breathe our Winning Ways, Customer, Team, Respect, Results
* Computer literate and experience in using reservations and revenue management systems
* Excellent Communication skills at all levels
* Commercial acumen
* Problem solving
* Excellent telephone manner
* Due to the nature of the role, there will be an expectation to work some Saturdays, we are looking for a flexible approach and someone who can manage their own time accordingly.
Here at Greene King we believe that every single team member is just as important at the next. We will grow and nurture your talent as you develop into the best that you can be.
What you can expect from us…
As well as a competitive salary, benefits package and a whopping 33% discount in our managed pubs, we can offer you real career progression and development.
You also receive:
25 days holiday (plus bank holidays, role dependant)
Free onsite parking
If this has sparked your interest please click on the link to apply and come and help us to become "The Best Pub Company in Great Britain".
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Old English Inns
Reference Code req2524