Salary:£32,500.00 - 39,000.00
Brand: Pub & Dining
Location: Bull Ring, Thaxted, ESSEX CM6 2PL GBR
About the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a General Manager to take the helm of Swan Hotel (CM6 2PL).
The Swan is a beautiful site based in the heart of Thaxted, with 20 letting rooms the pub has huge amount to offer.
As the General Manager you will need to engage with the local communities to drive sales and build lasting relations. You will also have a proven track record of coaching and developing team to deliver great service and a brilliant pub atmosphere.
The purpose of your role will be to oversee the whole operation with a commercial eye, whilst always keeping the customer at the heart of everything you do. Leading and developing a large team including managers to achieve their aspirations and showing resilience to adapt to the needs of the business.
Who are we?
We pride ourselves here at Pub & Dining on offering something for everyone. Our menu is hearty and wholesome and full of all your favourite pub classics alongside dishes to reflect the seasons. Our drinks range is designed to complement our menu
perfectly - quality cask ales, full bodied red and refreshing white wines, all the latest gins and cocktails and much, much more. Our friendly, knowledgeable staff are on hand to ensure you have a truly memorable visit, and help make our sites a true heart of the community. And just like communities, no two sites are the same, you can find local music events, charity fundraisers, gin
tastings and quizzes, all driven by our own teams. We know our customers and we know that whether you're getting together for a family catch up, a meal out with friends or just a quiet night with your other half, quality, freshness, choice, value for money and excellent service all matter.
You will be an experienced manager or management couple who has a proven track record in food led pub/restaurant business.
Your past success will have been driven through your ability to lead and develop your team so they can exceed the expectations of your customers. You will have a real commercial edge and thrive from having the autonomy to treat the business as your own by attracting new business, growing sales, convert profit and ensuring all standards are of the highest quality.
We want our customers to view their time in our pubs as 'time well spent'. We want you to think the same. In return for your hard work and dedication we will offer;
* An excellent salary and a lucrative and achievable bonus scheme
* Fantastic living accommodation
* Private medical cover
* Pension scheme
* Share save scheme
* A thorough induction giving you the tools and knowledge to make your time with Pub & Dining a success
* Excellent staff discount (33% across all Greene King managed pubs)
* Many other benefits such as childcare vouchers, high street vouchers and other discounts across some big brands.
* High-street retail vouchers and shopping discounts - saving you money
* Excellent training and career progression opportunities across a range of impressive brands and businesses
* Friends and Family Discount Scheme entitles you to invite friends and family to join the discount scheme and benefit from up to 25% off food and drink
Closing dates can be subject to change in line with business requirements so don't delay in applying for this excellent opportunity.
If this opportunity is not for you - please check out other opportunities on www.jobs.greeneking.co.uk
Old English Inns
Reference Code req4517