Sales Development Manager - South Norfolk
Sales Development Manager -South Norfolk
This is a fantastic opportunity for somebody who loves looking after their customers in a fast-paced environment where building great relationships and driving sales are key to the success of our business. You will have approx. 100 accounts in the region and have the unique opportunity to sell some of the UK's favourite ales, including Greene King IPA, "Old Speckled Hen" and Abbot Ale. Working towards pre-set profit targets you will be providing a great service while managing pricing and margins.
- Achieve targets on all products including Own Brew Volume (OBV) and profit, customer account management and new business
- Drive sales to enable the department to achieve trading profit
- Manage product / service mix, pricing and margins
- Fully utilise all sales promotions and promotional material
- Build brilliant relationships with existing and new customers
- Sell finance to assist developing businesses and secure business
- Act as a passionate ambassador of our brands and the Company
This is a complete sales role, developing strategy, new business, supporting and negotiating with new and existing clients, run corporate entertainment and provides regular, accurate reporting of your achievements.
Skills and experience required:
- 2 years + experience within a sales environment desirable
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills essential (ability to interpret and drill down on data)
- Experienced in FMCG sales (account management and new business) desirable but not essential
- Proven track record of meeting sales targets in business development / new business environment
- Excellent selling skills built on trust and reliability
- Proven ability to identify and develop new business
- Proven understanding of sales metrics and to use them to build and plan for success
- Strong, repeatable and reliable sales methodology to plan and develop sales
- Excellent negotiation skills to secure profitable contracts
- Commercially aware
- Happy to travel
Given the field-based nature of this role a full driving licence is essential
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5041