Visitor Experience Host
We are currently recruiting for a Visitor Experience Host to join our team in maximising our visitors' enjoyment of their experience at Belhaven Brewery whilst optimising opportunities to generate income. This role is very much the face of Belhaven, as the first person visitors to the brewery meet.
This is an exciting new role which offers a broad scope of activities that support the smooth and safe operations of our visitor experience and shop, including; Meet & Greet, Admissions, Retail, Food & Drink, Events, Guiding activities and general administrative duties together with promoting Belhaven beers at events, where required.
The role will work on split shift Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work (8:30-16:45 // 9:45-18:30).
- Provide a consistently high standard of visitor experience at all times
- Greet all business visitors and trade customers in a professional and warm manner, manage registration and allocation of passes, ensure they watch H&S video where necessary, phone the relevant Belhaven staff their guest is in reception
- Welcome visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act
- Provide information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise
- Handle general deliveries to and enquiries about the site, notifying the relevant Belhaven staff of deliveries
- Maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation
- Maintain general tidiness of all areas as necessary e.g. toilets, waste bins, shelving, stock items and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required
- Assist with Retail/Food & Drink/Events/Guiding duties
- Manage the new Belhaven shop, from stock control to sales of beer and merchandise
- Correctly handle all cash and card transaction, reconciling sales and revenue at the end of each business day
- Be prepared to work flexibly across departments and sites as needed
- Assist with additional hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work late hours and / weekends
- Provide information on the history and stories of the Brewery to visitors and being a guide as and when is required (training will be given for this)
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing retail-based role, ideally food and drink, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills
- Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions - ideally in a heritage/tourism context - with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation
- Experience in EPOS style till operation and excellent cash handling skills
- Good selling skills - adaptable to customer type and product
- Delightful "front of house" persona - warm, welcoming, patient, understanding
- Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise
- Flexible, helpful outlook to customers and colleagues
- Living the values of Belhaven / GK and encourage colleagues to do the same
- The ability and willingness to learn and try new things, to be flexible and step outside of your comfort zone
- An open and honest way of communicating, ready to ask others for their ideas and to be open to hear and consider different points of view
- A pro-active approach to taking initiative and so improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req6459