Quality Assurance Manager
This is a full-time, permanent position based at Belhaven Brewery - Dunbar EH42 1PE reporting into our Quality Manager.
This is an excellent opportunity to join our 300 year old Brewery in a crucial role - making sure our beer is the very best it can be! Our well-loved beers such as Belhaven Best, Belhaven Black, 80 Shilling and St Andrews Ale are enjoyed all over the UK and beyond as we export to international customers too! If you have a passion for outstanding quality and love working as part of a team then we would love to hear from you.
Our successful candidate will be a driven, organised team-player who loves delivering excellent stakeholder service levels and be a quality champion with a high attention to detail!
- maintain quality management systems to a level which adheres to standards e.g BRC
- work with production teams in order to maintain and improve product quality, legality and safety
- persist in ensuring compliance in line with best practice
- assist the Quality Manager to develop and implement internal QSHE audits
- carry out and provide support for quality related projects and investigations
- provide in house quality related training and briefing resource
- maintain training records for site operatives
- support Quality Manager in development and maintenance of Quality System, HACCP, FEMAS and other internal systems
- facilitate and manage departmental key raw material supplier assessments and audits
- provide technical knowledge to brewing & packaging departments
- identify process and plant improvements as part of a team
- provide technical expertise and consultation for NPD and process change management
- maintain and develop brewing and packaging SOP's and ensure training is completed
- hold weekly quality meetings and deliver laboratory and quality reports
- carry out H&S and environmental audits to agreed schedule
- ensure full participation in proficiency testing schemes and follow up out of tolerance results
- ensure compliance to due diligence schedule and routine testing schedule
- oversee management of sample cellar and tasting activities
- assist with recruitment of laboratory team
- liaise closely with Bury St Edmunds based quality, laboratory and other teams
Skills, knowledge and experience required:
- substantial quality experience is required
- science based qualifications
- food / liquid production plant experience preferred
- brewing qualifications and experience desirable
- team working essential
- proficient computer user
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary + bonus
- 33% Greene King Discount on food and drink in our managed pubs
- 25% discount for 5 of your Friends & Family
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year pro rata (Not including bank holidays).
- Free onsite parking
Reference Code req3502