Engineering Maintenance Planner and Admin
Having celebrated its 300th Birthday the Belhaven Brewery is home to many well-loved beers such as Belhaven Best, Twisted Thistle and Belhaven Black. Responsible for the Planning and Administration of Engineering functions, this role will support the Engineering Function and structure with its development into a Planned, Proactive type service administrating multiple facets of the Engineering Teams requirements.
In conjunction with a Maintenance Management Tool and close liaison with Engineering Manager and Team. The role will release the Engineering team and Production Admin to focus on core duties increasing efficiencies in these two departments. The Core Function of the Engineering planner will be to help change the engineering function from reactive culture to a proactive one focusing on good planned practices including stores parts management with planned phased spend.
The Engineering planner role will include (but not limited to) the following responsibilities:
- Developing a new MMS to position of site use availability to include Proactive Maintenance and Reactive Breakdown Planning, Asset Register Completion, Work Orders, Purchasing, Receipting, Receipt Reports, PPM's, Equipment Work and Breakdown History. Displaying of analysis.
- Creating annual calendars for Planned Maintenance, Legislative and BRC inspections and timely advisements of requirements and making these dates happen. Planning of Engineering maintenance and inspection regimes improving plant reliability to > 95%. Displaying compliance. The use of a good Planning display tool is paramount (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Generation of PPM's for new equipment or for existing where improvements are required.
- Issuing and allocation of weekly Planned Maintenance Schedules.
- Analysis and displaying of Planned Maintenance completion rates.
- Supplier and Contractor management to include creating new contractors on Greene King data base through New Supplier Request process and Planning for contractor arrival with obtaining due diligence documents such as insurances, Risk Assessments and References.
- Carrying out Planned Contractor Inductions on arrival and day job close out. Logging and displaying of Weekly Contractor Inductions.
- Contract management with Contracted service providers and Planned arranging the tendering of renewals.
- Pre and Planned Preparation and issuing of all Permit To Work Documents referencing other supporting documents.
- Stores and parts management in conjunction with a specified third party. Objective is to have all spares on stock saving up front hits to Engineering Budget.
- Engineering Budget Awareness and Monitoring. Displaying of Spend versus Forecast.
- Issuing of Planned Plant Intervention Documents arranging signatures of the various Stakeholders.
- Engineering Planned and unplanned Team Absences Management.
- Attending and at times leading, Multifunctional team meetings advising on Planned maintenance requirements and historical results (successes and challenges).
- Engineering background, experience or relevant qualifications .
- IOSH and / or NEBOSH are desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Planning Tools (e.g. Microsoft Project).
- Proficient in the use of Permits, Risk Assessments.
- Proficient in Engineering Contractor Management.
- Experience of Industrial Systems (Stores, Purchasing) is preferable and prior knowledge of known Maintenance
- Management Systems is desirable.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req5722