Electrical Engineering Technician
The Dunbar site is the home of the historic Dunbar Brewery that has recently celebrated its 300th Birthday and produces the well-loved Belhaven beers. This operational, shift-based role, provides multi-skilled technical engineering support to the site from Planned Maintenance to Root Cause Analysis through the end to end Brewing and kegging process.
- Fast response time to any breakdown or stoppage from production.
- Undertake maintenance, repairs and improvements of the electrical and PLC systems.
- This includes reactive breakdown and preventative maintenance to achieve plant reliability, performance and product quality.
- Maintenance of equipment including control panels, lighting, motors, fans and PLC's.
- Planned Preventative maintenance of plant on site with a willingness to undertake mechanical maintenance on a semi regular basis should assistance be required.
- Small installation jobs and the supervision of external contractors involved in major works will be required from time to time.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a similar electrical role within a FMCG or similar environment. Brewery experience would be advantageous.
- Successful completion of a full electrical apprenticeship and attainment of an appropriate electrical engineering qualification i.e. BTEC, ONC, HNC.
- An understanding of PLC systems and fault finding- Siemens S7, SCADA.
- Knowledge of control systems, three Phase and different types of sensors, such as pressure and level control, flow meters.
- A good understanding of Health & Safety and Environment, with an excellent track record to working safely.
- Excellent communication skills, should be equally capable of working alone and as part of a team.
- Experience in mechanical, pneumatic, HVAC/ refrigeration and hydraulic system repair preferable.
- Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement experience.
- Ability to remain calm and focused when working under pressure.
- Flexible approach to working hours to suit production demand.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req5371