To take part in the various operational stages in relation to the production of Beer. The role safely performs an essential set of tasks in the process that makes, monitors and positively releases some of the great Brews that Belhaven offers.
- Ensure that agreed production plan is achieved.
- Ensure internal loss and efficiency targets are met.
- Assist with changes that affect plant efficiency.
- Control Performance on Quality in line with Belhaven & Greene King Quality policies.
- Flag up and ensure corrective action is taken when out of specification.
- Ensure you work in a manner that complies with all legal production requirements for the business.
- Work to agreed/published standard operating procedures. Conform to all Health & Safety requirements, and take an active role in pushing health and safety in the department.
- Manage the intake, storage and stock control/rotation of all Raw Materials that arrive on site.
- Dry goods preparation and measuring out of all manual materials as directed.
- Plant preparation, automatic/manual cleaning and checking of all plant to ensure that it is clean and fit for purpose prior to use.
- Monitoring and recording of all processes and liquid movements for correct operation.
- Effective communication with Shift Managers, Team Leaders and fellow Operators.
- Ensuring that all areas are maintained in a clean, tidy manner and to food factory standards of Housekeeping & Hygiene.
- Management of all waste streams, including recycling.
- Ensure sampling schedule is met for analysis and Quality Control.
- Reporting of any process or plant failures to the appropriate departments.
- Following up any process failures to ensure that the plant is maintained and all faults rectified.
- Ideally our candidate will have brewing experience or at least hands-on experience in an FMCG environment.
- Ideally qualified in / studying towards relevant qualifications for role or equivalent or a have desire to work towards a brewing qualification.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 30 days holiday.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req5200