Brewing Operative - Belhaven Brewery
Established in 1719, Belhaven Brewery is the oldest working brewery in Scotland. Situated in Dunbar, the brewery nestles amongst the rolling barley fields of East Lothian, just 20 miles from Edinburgh.
At Belhaven we have a passion born of a proud brewing heritage. With a dedicated team drawing on a brewing tradition that dates back over 300 years we create friendly and approachable beers bursting with Scottish character, using 100% Scottish malted barley, fresh spring water from a local source together with our unique Belhaven yeast.
Belhaven is home to the nation's favourite ales, stouts and lagers: ideal for when people come together over a delicious pint, as good times shared are the BEST.
We are seeking a Brewing Operative to perform essential activities to brew the great beers that Belhaven produces. In this role you will work as part of a team operating and delivering to high standards of quality, accuracy, consistency and safety.
- At all times while in the brewery respect and conform to all Health, Safety and legal standards and procedures, proactively addressing unsafe conditions or acts.
- Deliver the production plans against the agreed timescale via the appropriate working practices and following the standard safe working and plant operating procedures.
- Working as a key member of the production team, communicate effectively across departments with Team Leaders, fellow operators and brewery staff, all relevant information and events.
- Understand and implement timely actions to deliver the cost and efficiency targets and identified improvement activities are actioned in a controlled manner.
- Following agreed standard operating procedures and sampling schedules for quality and process controls, collect and anylise data which assures product quality is maintained at all stages.
- Take appropriate corrective action to address process or plant failures promptly and proactively to ensure accurate control of processes is maintained.
- Recording and appropriate escalation in the event of deviation from standards.
- Manage the intake, storage and stock control/rotation of Raw Materials on site.
- Proactively maintain all working areas in a clean and organised manner using 5S processes to deliver high standards of Housekeeping & Hygiene at all times.
- Manage of all waste streams and recycling activities to meet the defined environmental standards set.
- Ideally our candidate will have brewing or FMCG experience.
- Ideally qualified in or studying towards relevant qualifications for this role or equivalent or a have desire to work towards a brewing qualification.
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Private Medical insurance
- Discounted Health Screening
- Option to purchase discounted Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 33% discount for you on food and drinks across all our managed sites and 15% for your friends and family
- 50% discount for you at Greene King Hotels/Inns and 25% discount for your friends and family
- Access to company perks portal for regular retailer discounts
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Free onsite parking
- An employee health, wellbeing advice and guidance service
Corporate Social Responsibility
We also want to be a positive force for good, having a social purpose that threads through every part of our business, whether it be through caring for the planet, caring for our communities through our hugely successful partnership with Macmillan (raising over 10 million pounds!) or caring for our people, creating life opportunities for all through innovative social mobility programmes. We are on an incredible journey and our goal is to be the pride of British hospitality.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Greene King we're setting the bar for Inclusion & Diversity. We are on a journey towards Everyday Inclusion where everyone feels welcome, can thrive and truly belong. With external commitments like the Valuable 500, If Not Now, When? and our Calling Time on Racism manifesto, our community partnerships and the support of our 4 internal Employee Led Inclusion Groups we have a clear plan based on education, awareness and activity that's already making an impact. We value the diversity of our people and are working to increase this, by joining us on this journey you can help us to shape our future inclusive culture.
Reference Code req9347