Greene King is the country's leading pub company and Brewer, first established in 1799. At Greene King it's not just pints that we want you to pour, we want people who can share our purpose and Pour Happiness into Lives. We are on a transformational journey for both customers and colleagues which will make us the pride of British hospitality. With over 40,000 people working across our 1,600 pubs, our breweries and two support centres, a career at Greene King has no limits.
Belhaven Visitor Host
Maximise our visitors' enjoyment of their experience at Belhaven Brewery whilst optimising opportunities to generate income.
This role is very much the face of Belhaven, as the first-person visitors to the brewery meet.
It is an exciting new role which offers a broad scope of activities that support the smooth and safe operations of our visitor experience and shop, including Meet & Greet, Admissions, Retail, Food & Drink, Events, Guiding activities and general administrative duties together with promoting Belhaven beers at events, where required.
The role will work on split shift Monday to Friday with some evening and weekend work.
08.30 to 16.45 with one hour for lunch
09.45 to 18.30 with one hour for lunch
- Always provide a consistently high standard of visitor experience
- Greet all business visitors and trade customers in a professional and warm manner, manage registration and allocation of passes, ensure they watch H&S video where necessary, phone the relevant Belhaven staff their guest is in reception.
- Welcome shoppers and visitors and process their admission/retail purchase in a friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable manner.
- Welcome visitors with special needs / impairments and providing a high level of service in accordance with the Disability Discrimination Act.
- Provide information about the site, its history, contents, offers and merchandise.
Handle general deliveries to and enquiries about the site, notifying the relevant Belhaven staff of deliveries.
- Maintain excellent standards of site and personal presentation
- Assist with Retail/Food & Drink/Events/Guiding duties
- Ensure shop is ready to open and welcome visitors by the set opening time.
- Maintain general tidiness of all areas as necessary e.g. toilets, waste bins, shelving, stock items and as appropriate vacuum cleaning, mopping, sweeping, dusting and polishing when required.
- Report all instances of damage and wear and tear issues promptly to your line manager.
- Manage the new Belhaven shop, from stock control to sales of beer and merchandise;
Correctly handle all cash and card transaction, reconciling sales and revenue at the end of each business day.
- Adhere to all financial procedures to include till operation and banking and safeguarding of monies and to implement amendments to standard procedure as instructions may dictate.
- Assist with the set-up, stewarding and break-down of events in liaison with the events coordinator.
- Assist with additional hospitality events. Staff may be asked to work late hours and / weekends.
- Demonstrable experience in a customer-facing retail-based role, ideally food and drink, delivering impeccable customer care through excellent inter-personal skills.
- Demonstrable experience in sales or ticket/event/admissions - ideally in a heritage/tourism context - with experience and confidence undertaking till-work and cash handling/reconciliation.
- Experience in EPOS style till operation and excellent cash handling skills.
- Delightful "front of house" persona - warm, welcoming, patient, understanding.
- Demonstrable time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- A pro-active approach to taking initiative and so improve daily operations and deliver an exceptional visitor experience.
- Experience in storytelling and a passion for Scottish heritage and history is desirable.
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Private Medical insurance
- Discounted Health Screening
- Option to purchase discounted Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 33% discount for you on food and drinks across all our managed sites and 15% for your friends and family
- 50% discount for you at Greene King Hotels/Inns and 25% discount for your friends and family
- Access to company perks portal for regular retailer discounts
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Free onsite parking
- An employee health, wellbeing advice and guidance service
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
Corporate Social Responsibility
We also want to be a positive force for good, having a social purpose that threads through every part of our business, whether it be through caring for the planet, caring for our communities through our hugely successful partnership with Macmillan (raising over 10 million pounds!) or caring for our people, creating life opportunities for all through innovative social mobility programmes. We are on an incredible journey and our goal is to be the pride of British hospitality.
Reference Code req9777