Bury St Edmunds, SUFFOLK, IP33 1QT
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Brewing & Brands?
Brewing & Brands is the operational heart of Greene King operating two breweries, one in the historic home town of Bury St Edmunds (Westgate Brewery) and the other in Dunbar (Belhaven Brewery). In addition to brewing we also have two packaging plants and a national distribution network.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
The Brewing and Brands function is the team that creates, markets and distributes the UK's finest beers. The Administrator assists the PA to MD in providing support for the Brewing & Brands Executive Directors and adhoc admin support for the wider Brewing and Brand department.
- Pro-active diary co-ordination, prioritisation and management of meetings for Executive Directors
- Filter internal and external post, calls and emails and respond appropriately
- Expense reconciliation and submission for Executive Directors
- Organise and prepare for internal and external meetings, including room bookings, refreshments, travel AND accommodation
- Provide administration support on ad-hoc projects
- Day to day management of in-house accommodation resource
- Assist with Product recall procedure
- Raising of purchase orders
- Assist with large scale event organising
- Provide administrative support for cross functional activities.
- Able to navigate IT systems including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to react positively to change.
- Comfortable dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Self motivated
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality and trust
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req4656