Solutions Architect - 12 month FTC
Abbot House, Westgate St, BSE, IP33 1QT
To support the implementation of quality IT solutions that create business opportunities and maximise business benefits through careful optimisation of system, business process (including continuous improvement) and management information changes.
This role will enable Greene King's current and future business needs to be met in an efficient, sustainable, agile and adaptable manner.
This project will focus on the Employee Journey aspect of our transformation, so experience relevant to this would be preferred but not essential.
- Support the New Request process by researching and recommending pragmatic technical solutions; highlighting any technical considerations for solution delivery.
- Support the Project Delivery process by working on a range of IT and business initiatives to deliver solutions to meet the business opportunities.
- Working with the all areas of IT, the strategy & transformation team and business, to research IT solutions on the market for technical requirements and business needs.
- Creating and updating the solution and technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Creating the Data Architecture relevant to the product being selected and understanding the relationships between the data and the processes and architecting that to meet Security and GDPR requirements.
- Developing policies, standards and guidelines that direct the selection, development implementation and use of IT within Greene King where a gap is identified.
- Collaborating with all relevant parties in order to review the objectives and constraints of each solution, recommending the most suitable technical architecture and defining the solution at a high level.
- Identifying implementation risks and analysing potential impact on the enterprise and on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Experience of the Retail or Hospitality sectors and a good understanding of technologies and services already in use within Greene King
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- TOGAF accreditation would be an advantage
- Experience in third party supplier management
- Experience of working within a framework of IT Governance, Technical Design Authority and Change Advisory Boards.
- Communication - clear, simple, unambiguous and well structured, and to have confidence in dealing with all areas and levels within our business.
- Comprehensive knowledge of hardware, software, applications and system engineering.
Issue & conflict resolution - take in information quickly and accurately and work independently to propose solutions to problems.
- Meet customers' needs whilst setting achievable expectations and designing pragmatic solutions.
- Knowledge of Data Protection, GDPR legislations and Privacy by Design.
- A good understanding of the fundamentals of Cyber Security and how they are used to deliver a sound secure end solution.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req6782