Retail Finance Assistant - 12 month contract
An opportunity has arisen for a Retail Finance Assistant working within Finance Shared Services (FSS) as part of the Retail Finance team. The role will be reporting into the Retail Finance Team Leader. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in developing a career in Finance and in particular anyone studying towards a professional qualification such as AAT (this however is not essential)
- The role will work closely with the Retail Finance Team Leader and involve the following;
- Reconciliation of revenue and bankings
- Reconciliation and verification of House expenditure claims
- Compliance to HM Revenue & Customs regulations on VAT
- First line of support for House Managers with systems/financial queries
- Ensuring House Manager compliance to the appropriate company policies & procedures
- Report and liaise with House Managers/Business Development Managers/ Financial Audit
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Produce accurate and timely accounts
- Any other ad-hoc work required by the team
- The ideal candidate would demonstrate a keen interest in progressing a career within finance/accounts.
- Experience in a comparable role would be advantageous and strong excel skills are essential.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proactive approach to identifying solutions to problems
- Consistently deliver on commitments, despite challenging timescales and competing priorities
- Ability to present/explain financial information in a way that the intended recipient can understand
- Understanding & working knowledge of an integrated accounting package.
- Team player mentality
- Strong customer service ethos
- An enquiring mind with attention to detail
- The courage to challenge ways of working & procedures
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5377