Primary Distribution Driver (Nights) - Abbot House, Westgate St, BSE, IP33 1QT
A vacancy has arisen for a permanent position on the Primary Driver Team at Greene Kings Bury St Edmunds Distribution Centre. This is a permanent night shift working Sunday to Thursday, starting at around 18:00 until around 03:00. The role will include deliveries and collections throughout the UK ensuring Greene King products reach our customers on time and in full.
- To collect and deliver loads throughout the UK
- To carry out daily vehicle and trailer checks
- Ensure all vehicles and trailers and ancillary equipment is used and maintained to a safe a legally compliant level
- Regularly promote ownership of H & S issues to colleagues
- To support fellow team members in the pursuit of departmental goals.
- Performance on Quality in line with Greene King policy.
- Ensure that defects to all equipment, fixtures and fabric are reported immediately.
- Drivers hours compliance
- Deliver excellent customer service
- Experienced Long-Distance Driver
- Good Time Management
- Class 1 Licence
- DQC Card (DCPC)
- Digital Tachograph Card
- Counter Balance / FLT License preferred.
- Good verbal /written communication skills
Applications will be reviewed as we go so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req6885