This role sits within the Corporate Affairs team reporting into the Head of External Communications and will have a dotted line to the Greene King Brand Director.
The role will business partner the Greene King brand team and be responsible for managing key Greene King brand campaigns to build our brand and reputation with customers and other stakeholders. Campaigns include consumer PR which crosses the pub divisions, such as sport and seasonal events (Christmas, Halloween, Mother's Day Easter). Sitting in External Communications will ensure the proactive PR plan aligns to the overall Greene King communications plan and help join up Greene King PR activity with Brewing & Brands and Pub Partners, as well as promoting our CSR and charity partnerships and owning the communications of the brand guidelines.
Working with PR agencies, the role will manage campaigns across all Greene King brand PR.
Alongside the proactive communications plan, the role will also play in integral role in protecting the reputation of the business through the 24/7 press office function.
- Own and deliver a comprehensive PR strategy for the Greene King brand; setting clear direction to the team and retained agency on objectives, communications challenges and ensuring the PR plans adhere to the strategy
- Oversee the delivery of the consumer PR plan through the management of an external agency, from planning, briefing, implementation and evaluation
- Draft and oversee the output of all press material - announcements, press releases, photo-call notices, features, website copy and media packs
- Work closely with the Head of External Communications to ensure all proactive communications are aligned to the overall communications plan, and support cohesive & integrated messages where possible
- Play an important role on the Press Office24/7 function providing strong reactive media statements and strategic guidance during business issues/crisis.
- Identify opportunities to accelerate Greene King brand awareness and recognition through the delivery of reactive stunts that achieve high impact national coverage
- Work closely with the Greene King brand director and team to understand their goals and objectives in order to develop engaging and high performing PR plans that deliver the required results
- To direct the consumer PR agency and ensure they are clear on the strategy, objectives and ambition for the division, conducting quarterly reviews and feedback sessions
- Create detailed periodic and annual reports for senior leadership that clearly demonstrate the value PR activities are adding to the business, as well as ensuring the prompt delivery of comprehensive campaign evaluations that capture key learnings and recommendations
- To work closely with all content and channel owners to ensure through-the-line activity is activated effectively, especially with social media to ensure we maximise owned and earned media opportunities
- Develop key relationships across the business to ensure campaigns are maximised and a collaborative approach is optimised
- Proactive with strong planning, organisational and prioritisation skills
- Autonomous and confident making decisions and advising under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong attention to detail
- A team player with a positive and proactive attitude
- Ability to establish positive working relationships, both internally and externally
- Excellent influencing skills coupled with the ability to impact across a variety of stakeholders
- To be able to work collaboratively and communicate effectively to the wider business
- Personable and able to bring other people on the journey
- A genuine desire to work within the pub and restaurant sector
- A self-starter with the desire to constantly learn, grow and be the best you can be
- Willing to adapt to the changes and needs of the business and project context
- Shares Greene King's values and wants to be part of them
Technical / Professional Expertise Required
- Five years' experience in consumer PR role
- Experience managing PR agencies
- A strong communicator that can adapt for audiences of varying degrees of knowledge
- Strong written and oral English language skills - able to write clearly, effectively and succinctly and able to transform technical content into understandable, concise copy
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5227