National Account Manager
Bury St Edmunds, SUFFOLK, IP33 1QT
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Brewing & Brands?
Brewing & Brands is the operational heart of Greene King operating two breweries, one in the historic home town of Bury St Edmunds (Westgate Brewery) and the other in Dunbar (Belhaven Brewery). In addition to brewing we also have two packaging plants and a national distribution network.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
This is a key role, working with the Sales Director to set a strategy to deliver, plan and budget for allocated customers in our Off-Trade division. This includes both our traditional supermarket retailers and pure play eCommerce retailers who represent the future of Off-Trade retailing so the ability to build exceptional relationships with customers will be crucial.
This role is home based with travel and will appeal to someone who is excited by the prospect of accelerating Greene Kings performance across theses key customers.
- Building a network of customer contacts at all levels and activating a contact strategy.
- Managing the execution of account and brand activities devised by GK sales & marketing teams.
- Development of existing customer base in specified segments and implementation of channel priorities.
- Create & keep an annual account plan delivering corporate objectives.
- Agree and negotiate with the customer a joint business plan that delivers for both the internal and external business objectives.
- Identify and implement stretch targets.
- Ensure accurate monthly sales forecasts and half year re-forecasts linking in with the team, supply chain, factory forecasting and finance.
- Developing GK e-comm strategy and capability.
- Prior working experience of managing online retailers such as Ocado or Amazon
- FMCG account management experience
- Strong commercial acumen and numeracy
- Effective communicator
- Experience negotiator
- Experience of developing effective customer relationships
- Proactive individual capable of working independently
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req4403