The Internal Auditor will assist in driving the business towards a financial controls based environment whilst providing assurance to the Board. This role will be based in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk. There may be occasion to undertake reviews at the Burton-Upon-Trent office.
- Evaluate Greene King's key financial controls and find opportunities to improve performance and control.
- Carry out independent appraisals of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the company's financial resources are managed.
- Interview managers and employees.
- Make recommendations and report on the findings and recommendations and monitor management's response and implementation.
- Review and report on the accuracy, timeliness and relevance of the financial and other information that is provided for management.
- Qualified or part qualified Internal Auditor or Accountant.
- Strong Word and Excel skills.
- Clear communicator to all levels of the business structure.
- An enquiring mind, comfortable challenging management and assumptions with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and as an individual.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5238