HR Business Partner - 9 Month FTC - Bury St Edmunds
We are seeking a HR Business Partner to cover a peak in workload that is expected to last around 9 months. In this role you will partners with specific areas of the business to influence Management Teams and drive the HR Agenda. This is a broad generalist role supporting HR Projects and managing day to day HR issues.
Greene King support agile working which in practice means we expect you to be working amongst your colleagues for around 50% of your working week. Regular travel to our Bury St Edmunds office should be expected.
- Deliver commercially focussed professional HR advice, guidance and support aligned to the business plan and HR strategy, supporting, developing and advising Managers on all HR matters
- Build a relationship with the relevant business stakeholders and their team where you are seen as a key influencer and trusted partner. Use this relationship to drive the HR Strategy in the business area(s) delivering improved performance through the Leadership,
- Coaching and Management of our people in line with our unleashed values
- Work with the management teams to develop behaviours and drive appropriate change across the organisation, demonstrating commercial awareness at all times
- Facilitate and run people days with the business
- All aspects of employee relations including but not limited to, grievance, disciplinary, performance and absence management
- HR Policy execution, ensuring consistent, efficient and fair process implementation
- HR 'conduit' - providing business feedback into the HR Organisation and deployment and delivery of BAU HR Calendar through partnership with the HR Centres of Excellence - including reward, resourcing and learning and development
- Drive engagement through the Greene King Winning Ways across the business and challenge negative behaviours
- Coach and build the capability of line managers, to enable them to anticipate and pre-empt team issues
- Use the Key HR measures on the HRBP scorecard to spot trends and issues
- Play an active role in the selection process for key roles and assisting the HR Services
- Team and line manager to ensure an effective on boarding process for new joiners
- Lead employee development & succession planning, identifying gaps, up and coming role opportunities, facilitation and planning to achieve coverage, developing mechanisms for critical retention planning, driving and proposing solutions within business area
- Support Senior HR Business Partners with HR Projects and Initiatives in support of the delivery of the HR Plan e.g. engagement, HR process improvement, talent & succession
- CIPD qualified with proven experience working at a Business Partner level in a commercial business
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law
- A broad HR Generalist skill set including recruitment, talent management, employee relations and performance management
- Experienced in developing / implementing HR strategies, plans or projects
- Ability to work at pace and take accountability for key decision making
- A high level of interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective and supportive relationships with all levels of people across the business
- Confidence to influence and challenge at a senior level
- A positive and can-do attitude, solutions led, using information and resources available to make effective day to day decisions
- Self-motivated and committed to providing excellent levels of customer service
- A flexible and proactive nature with excellent organisation skills
- High levels of integrity, discretion and confidentiality for all sensitive information
- Ability to work unsupervised and to balance a multitude of priorities
- IT Literate with excellent knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- A driving license and ability to travel
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 26th October
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req7238