Bury St Edmunds, SUFFOLK, IP33 1QT
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
What is Brewing & Brands?
Brewing & Brands is the operational heart of Greene King operating two breweries, one in the historic home town of Bury St Edmunds (Westgate Brewery) and the other in Dunbar (Belhaven Brewery). In addition to brewing we also have two packaging plants and a national distribution network.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Overseeing the Large and Small pack packaging operations this role provides leadership to both sites ensuring optimum use of resources, that delivers safety, productivity, quality, cost, service and engagement KPIs.The role is also leads the partnership between our 3rd Party Co-packers.
- Create a safety-first culture by establishing a safety conscious behaviours and safe working practices amongst all employees and visitors.
- Deliver a right first-time approach through the implementation of quality plans, standard operating procedures to and consumer complaint reduction.
- Work in partnership with other functional leads to ensure the most effective production plans are adopted.
- Create an engaging environment in which continuous people development and capability is fully embedded.
- Ensure effective legislative compliance is in place an up to date including internal and external audit delivery.
- Ensure an effective labour deployment plan that is able to flex to a changing demand profile.
- Accountable for safety across both sites ensuring risks regularly reviewed and eliminated/minimised/controlled.
- Continuous approach to production yield improvement through speed enhancement, changeover time reduction and minimising all aspects of none productive time.
- Deliver Continuous Improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives that drive out loss.
- Collaborate with wider functions to align function requirements to improve all packaging streams and plan adherence.
- Manage the stretching budget demands for both sites with control and rigour.
- Develop Employee Engagement by role modelling behaviour and standards.
- Through Partnering with the Marketing team support Brand packaging changes so factory performance and customer trend demand are equally met.
- Oversee the relationship of the 3rd party co packers.
- Solid understanding of Production Management.
- Able to inspire and lead Teams.
- Able to Lead and drive change.
- Proven experience in Managing Site Production Teams and Factory Operations.
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing.
- Knowledge of Project management
- IOSH or NBOSH
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Free on site parking
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req4054