Data Protection Administrator - fixed term contract
Full-Time, Fixed-Term Contract - 12 Months
The Data Protection Coordinator will own the relationship with our customers and employees when they contact us to exercise their data protection law rights. The successful candidate will be an organised, efficient person who is able to deal with sensitive information discretely.
A strong customer focus and the ability to work independently are more important than a deep understanding of data protection rights as full training will be provided to the right candidate. More experienced candidates will have opportunities to get involved in other aspects of the teams' work, such as helping managers maintain their processing records and providing general advice.
- Correspond with data subjects by telephone and email to acknowledge and respond to their data protection rights requests
- Liaise with support centre and pub team leaders and IT and property support teams to retrieve personal data and CCTV recordings
- Prepare personal data for sharing with data subjects. This involves the use of document redaction and video editing software (full training will be provided)
- Ensure requests are processed quickly and efficiently, escalating complex cases to the data protection manager or data protection officer so that they can assist you when required
- Keep accurate records of the progress and outcome of each request
- Produce a monthly management report showing the team's performance against key performance indicators
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent administration, co-ordination and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise, self-motivate and work independently
- Knowledge of data protection rights not required but very advantageous
- Keen to learn the things you don't yet know and to help our team improve its effectiveness
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5312