Apprentice Building Surveyor
As an Apprentice Building Surveyor you will be responsible for assisting a Regional Surveyor in ensuring the pubs within a designated region of our Managed Pub Estate comply with relevant statutory obligations and are maintained in accordance with agreed Company and Divisional standards.
You will be responsible for assisting a Regional Surveyor in the management of the repairs, maintenance budget and agreed investment capital within your region and be required to liaise across the business working closely with the Operational and Help Desk teams. You will also need to work with the Cost Manager and Finance Teams to ensure your budgets are controlled effectively.
As well as gaining real-life experience in the workplace, training will be provided via ARU (Anglia Ruskin University), leading to a Level 6 Chartered Surveyor qualification and full membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors. Training will be delivered on a day release basis where you will have opportunity to network with other Apprentice Chartered Surveyors from other organisations.
- Assist in carrying out building surveying duties as directed within a defined geography on a diverse range of managed pubs.
- Facilitate the effective delivery of a property surveying programme, including capital development projects within agreed company criteria.
- Liaise with the operations teams, to provide technical advice and expertise on repairs and maintenance.
- Assist in managing the capital and revenue budgets and deliver best value.
- Participate in industry bodies and maintain awareness of trends, opportunities and changes to property surveying best practice. Providing monthly feedback to the property team on RICS CPD sessions.
- Create proactive maintenance solutions to improve service and reduce cost.
- Utilise best practice, common procedures and continuously improve the same.
- Communicate with the operational teams and provide appropriate information on maintenance spend and understand their priorities.
- Assist a Regional Surveyor in directing a team of outsourced support service providers.
- Ensure compliance with GK policies and statutory requirements.
- Assist the Regional Surveyors with statutory compliance responsibilities (fire risk assessments, asbestos etc.)
- Sound analytical skills and good judgement to inform decisions or when providing opinions or advice to others.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, both verbally and written.
- Strong organisation skills to manage a diverse workload, delivering to deadlines which may involve regular travel.
- Self-motivated, flexible and prepared to work across a range of duties.
- Effective time management skills to balance work/study schedule.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
As a minimum you should have :
- 112 UCAS Tariff points. This is equivalent to:
- 3 A levels at grade B, B, C
- BTEC National Diploma DMM (1x Distinction and 2x Merits)
- Access to HE Qualification
- All appropriate and equivalent, UK and international, Level 3 (and above) qualifications will be considered
- 5 GCSEs at grades C / 4 or above (or equivalent) including English and Maths.
- Hold a full UK driver licence
Applications will close on 31st October 2021.
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req7064