Transformation Project Manager
The Transformation Project Manager will deliver commercial, multi-disciplinary projects to hit our strategic objectives
Working with all departments across the business, engaging stakeholders at all levels and
ensuring a effective delivery of people, technology and process change
Forming cross-functional project teams to deliver simple, pragmatic and effective solutions
- Maintain a structured approach to project management, ensuring projects are delivered to time, quality and cost expectations
- Manage the project through the key stages of the project lifecycle ensuring authorisation to proceed is obtained from the project board
- Facilitate the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables and document in project brief and initiation documentation
- Define and gain agreement to the project business case using clear cost/benefit analysis
- Work with senior stakeholders to analyse requirements, define business requirements and the required project outputs to deliver benefits
- Define the project activities and plan required to deliver the project outputs
- Define and gain commitment to change management activities across the business required to embed the changes delivered by the project
- Lead the project team in delivering project outputs that are capable of delivering project benefits
- Identify risks to the project and work with stakeholders to identify owners and mitigation plans including escalation to Executive level where required
- Manage project issues through to resolution with project team members or escalate to appropriate levels where required
- Track and report project deliverables to the project board and key stakeholders using standard templates
- Manage scope changes through the change control process to ensure that the business case is still valid and that the project board sign-off any changes to scope
- Ensure that deliverables are completed to acceptable time, cost and quality standards
- Complete post-project project evaluation to capture key success and learning points for future projects
- Work closely with key stakeholders across all functions of the business, in particular the Programme Manager, Heads of Department, Senior Stakeholders, cross functional project teams and external Suppliers
Skills & Experience
- Experienced in delivering commercially focused projects for a fast paced, high growth, complex business, ideally in a retail and/or wholesale environment (but not essential), with projects that cut across multiple operating companies.
- Proficient in successfully running cross functional projects with a commercial focus
- Experienced in running large scale projects worth £10 million plus
- A hands-on leader with demonstrable experience of establishing and managing cross functional project teams
- Highly experienced in stakeholder management and the ability to influence at all levels
- Able to understand and establish business requirements and create structured plans over the short and long term
- Commercially astute with the ability to produce and articulate sound business plans that demonstrate clear business benefits and return on investment for proposed projects
- A strategic and analytical thinker
- Very strong in communication and relationship skills
- An experienced Project Manager who is able to hit the ground running
- Able to deliver software solutions as well as people and progress change
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req4801