Social Media Manager
This role will work closely with the Business Unit Marketing teams to build, drive and execute the social media plans and strategy. The role will support the Locals and PU (Premium and Urban) divisions of the business and will be responsible for ensuring the divisions are supported with strong social media plans that engage our customers both on a national and local level by bringing to life the segments, concepts and brands within the division. Within the business we operate both brand and pub social media channels requiring this role to not only have the ability to lead the team in creating great content to build brand awareness, but also inspire and support our pub teams in creating content at a local level that ensures authenticity and consistency across all social media channels.
The role will be required to work closely with content and channel owners, especially Paid Media and Consumer PR, to ensure content is amplified across our channels. The role will also have line management responsibility of two social media executives and a social media administrator; providing them with the mentoring required for their development.
Key Responsibilities will include
- Oversee the social media content and campaigns for the Locals and Premium & Urban division ensuring each segment has a comprehensive, forward-looking plan of social media support
- Line management of three direct reports; unlocking their talent through strong mentoring and management, and supporting their on-going development
- Mentor the team to develop new creative content ideas that grow our brand fan base, increase our exposure and improve our social media engagement
- Proactively review the social media support we offer to our pub teams, including regularly evaluating the training, content and tools we provide to help them unlock the opportunity of social medi
- Support the creation and implementation of a comprehensive social media training programme including presenting social media workshops, developing toolkits, providing on-going support and guidance to social champions
- Build a strong network of stakeholders across both divisions allowing you the insight and knowledge to understand the challenges and opportunities of each segment and how to support with social media
- Support the delivery of the social media strategy for your owned division; setting the direction for the team through clear objectives, support in shaping content themes and pillars, and ensuring social media plans adhere to the strategy
- Work closely with the marketing teams within the business units to recommend the most effective social media approaches to support the brands' marketing plan
- Manage the social media budget covering creative development, agency management and campaign implementation
- Work closely with the team and third-party agencies to develop new creative content ideas that will grow our brand fan base, increase our exposure and improve our social media engagement
- Take a leading role in managing key projects, social media campaigns and tools and agency reviews, proving effective input and feedback at all stages of planning, implementation and evaluation
- Substantial experience in a social media role
- Line management experience
- Experience in building social media communities and general marketing experience
- Experience working in digital communications and social media
- A thorough understanding of how social media is used for marketing purposes
- Strong written and oral English language skills - able to write clearly, effectively and succinctly and able to transform technical content into understandable, concise copy
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req6804