Social Media Executive - Chef & Brewer
Reporting to the Social Media Manager, you will be accountable for the output and ongoing development of the social media strategy for Chef & Brewer, a 140-strong collection of country pubs within Greene King.
With charm and character in abundance, Chef & Brewer is a collection of unique country-style pubs set in beautiful locations across the country that offer a cosy, warm environment to unwind. Whether you've been out for a long walk with the dog or you're just looking for a classic roast dinner, our pubs offer a place to sit back, indulge and relax.
The role sits within the PR & Social Media team who are responsible for the proactive and reactive communications output of the managed estate at Greene King, covering four key brands; Hungry Horse, Greene King Locals, Farmhouse Inns and Chef & Brewer, as well as over 1,700 pubs.
In this role you will be expected to build a deep understanding of the Chef & Brewer brand; its personality, values, core messages and target audience. You'll build strong relationships with the brand team, and use these relationships to stay abreast of the latest developments, performance and insights to spot opportunities.
You'll also use your knowledge and experience to inform and influence the brand team in testing new tactics, content, channels and strategies to move forward our social media agenda.
You'll work closely with our retained social media agency to develop content and campaigns that deliver increased brand awareness, engagement and support the overall marketing plan for the brand.
You'll have a keen eye for stand-out creative and be able to identify trending topics or hot news stories, to create relevant reactive content that supports growing our brand awareness.
The ideal candidate for this role would have a strong background in social media built through an agency or in-house role, and be confident in managing multiple priorities as well as a high volume of work.
The chosen candidate will need to have a thorough understanding of social media, and ideally experience in paid social as well as other paid digital channels (YouTube, Display Advertising and Mobile Ads).
In a nutshell, we're looking for a creative-thinking, proactive problem solver, who is a dedicated team player with a passion for social media.
* Stakeholder management; working closely with our brand teams to develop strong relationships to understand their goals and objectives, and managing the agency to support you in developing plans to deliver the desired results
* Content development; working with the retained social media agency & your peers to develop new creative content ideas that will build our brand reach, engagement and traffic to our websites
* Spend time out in trade to observe, learn and understand the brand's target audience and actively stay up-to-date with the latest trends and news to put forward ideas and opportunities to grow brand awareness with reactive content
* Work closely with our community management agency to ensure they understand the objective and background behind the social media content, to allow the team to create strong interactions with our customers
* Detailed reporting; Create periodic reports to demonstrate effectiveness of social content campaigns - attending relevant meetings to provide updates
* Support the pub teams with updated training programmes including presenting social media workshops, developing toolkits, providing on-going support and guidance to in-trade social champions
* Build strong relationships our digital team members to create an integrated approach to our communications
* Take a leading role in managing the external agency across allocated paid media campaigns. Seeing through from planning, production, implementation and evaluation by working in conjunction with brand teams and the agency
* Draft and distribute content on behalf of pub pages that promotes key activities, offers and promotions, and evaluate the results to prove commercial benefit
* Develop key relationships within the commercial team - food, drink, insight to ensure campaigns are maximised and a collaborative approach is optimised
* Provide support and guidance to pub social champions through the Pub Query System, responding with advice and acting on their requests
* Confident and experienced in digital communications and social media
* Passion and genuine interest in social media and paid media
* Ability to understand and influence people while working in a team
* Proactive with strong planning and organisational skills
* Autonomous and confident making decisions and advising under pressure
* Ability to multi-task and to work independently on multiple projects simultaneously
* Strong attention to detail
* A team player with a positive and proactive attitude
* Establish positive working relationships, both internally and externally
* The ability to measure and review social media campaigns
* Strong written and oral English language skills - able to write clearly, effectively and succinctly and able to transform technical content into understandable, concise copy
* Likely to be educated to degree level
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req4145