Senior Communications Manager
We brew some of the country's biggest beer brands from our breweries in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, and Dunbar, Scotland, and we serve millions of customers every week through our 2,600 pubs. The real magic happens when our people are empowered to make every customer experience a great one and have the direction, tools and support they need to be at their very best. Our 40,000 team members are the key to building advocacy in a business that is working hard to put people and customers at its heart.
We have a role for a Senior Communications Manager (Partnering & Planning) who can bring clarity to how we balance communication responsibilities between the central communication team and the business divisions. Using a pragmatic approach, this role will see guiding the business in enabling a flexible communication model with it's the right thing to do for our people. This role reports to the Head of Internal Communications and is offered on a full-time, permanent basis with agile working (50% from home, 50% in the office) from either our Burton-on-Trent or Bury St Edmunds offices.
- Lead, develop and own the group communications plan.
- Drive ownership and commitment from the divisions and functions to the group communication plan, ensuring stakeholders have every opportunity to evolve and contribute to the plan.
- Partner with divisions and functions to identify where Greene King priorities need to be communicated, help identify their audiences and work together to ensure clarity and timing of messages.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Manager, Transformation & Change, to influence the change narrative based on feedback from communicators in the business.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager, Channels & Campaigns, to ensure all communicators in the business know which campaigns will be led by the central communications team and have time to plan with their own stakeholders to align with them.
- Ensure the business divisions and functions have the opportunity to influence the central narrative and communications plan by constantly gathering and feeding back their views.
- Suggest new and creative ways to effectively deliver messages to the right people in a positive and engaging way, based on experience and best practice.
- To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in an internal communications focused role, ideally from within a large organisation, including experience with digital communication platforms and some leadership experience.
- In addition to your experience, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Exemplary writing skills with strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt messaging according to the audience
- Proven planning skills and the ability to deliver projects within inter-departmental teams
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders with humour and resilience
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req8649