Greene King is the country's leading pub company and Brewer, first established in 1799. At Greene King it's not just pints that we want you to pour, we want people who can share our purpose and Pour Happiness into Lives. We are on a transformational journey for both customers and colleagues which will make us the pride of British hospitality. With over 40,000 people working across our 1,600 pubs, our breweries and two support centres, a career at Greene King has no limits.
Internal Communications Executive
The Ops Comms and Activity Executive will support the Ops Comms and Activity Manager to ensure our communication and activity plans are successful, delivered on time and so that we can reach our strategic objectives.
This is an agile working role, split 50:50 between home and our Burton on Trent office.
- To assist with delivering all required pub communications including the weekly What's The Buzz document, ad-hoc urgent communications and Area Meeting cascade videos and briefs; ensuring the information is relevant and correct, all spelling and grammar is accurate and sent at the agreed time.
- To ensure messages communicated are reflected on the Intranet and the operational elements are maintained so they are current and relevant.
- To be the point of contact for key areas of the business, attending regular catch ups and supporting with communications planning.
- To work in collaboration with the Ops Comms & Activity teams across the other managed divisions to provide central support on key topics.
- To organise, write and format communications for projects / ad-hoc communications.
- To support with the creation of content for briefing information including posters, internal social media posts, content for the intranet and videos.
- Administrating Internal Social Media by posting content, answering questions and starting discussions.
- To regularly check and action emails received through the Central Ops Support and Divisional Ops Comms inboxes.
- To be an administrator of the PQS (Pub Query System) ensuring pubs receive query resolution within agreed SLAs. To include supporting both Operations and Support Centre Teams.
- Interpreting and providing reporting from our Intranet as and when required to ensure pubs remain compliant with internal processes.
- Responsibility for checking weekly Brand and BDM pub changes and updating internal systems.
- To complete ad hoc collation projects when required for Operations or the Support Centre.
- Experienced in a fast paced, high end, high growth business
- Excellent planning and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task and manage own time and workload
- Strong all-round communication skills including delivery and presentation of information to all levels; able to make associations and explain concept clearly
- Creative flair for writing with excellent attention to detail especially grammar and spelling, with the ability to write from scratch
- Always seeking to improve quality and service for our internal / external stakeholders
- Works with colleagues to do what is best for the Company as a whole, ahead of divisional, department or personal goals
- Able to spot problems and trends and take initiative to resolve them
- On the job experience in existing or comparable role
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint & Excel)
- Desirable - Experience using video editing software such as iMovie or Camtasia
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Discounted Health Screening
- Option to purchase discounted Dental Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 33% discount for you on food and drinks across all our managed sites and 15% for your friends and family
- 50% discount for you at Greene King Hotels/Inns and 25% discount for your friends and family
- Access to company perks portal for regular retailer discounts
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy 5 additional days
- Free onsite parking
- An employee health, wellbeing advice and guidance service
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
Corporate Social Responsibility
We also want to be a positive force for good, having a social purpose that threads through every part of our business, whether it be through caring for the planet, caring for our communities through our hugely successful partnership with Macmillan (raising over 10 million pounds!) or caring for our people, creating life opportunities for all through innovative social mobility programmes. We are on an incredible journey and our goal is to be the pride of British hospitality.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Greene King we're setting the bar for Inclusion & Diversity. We are on a journey towards Everyday Inclusion where everyone feels welcome, can thrive and truly belong. With external commitments like the Valuable 500, If Not Now, When? and our Calling Time on Racism manifesto, our community partnerships and the support of our 4 internal Employee Led Inclusion Groups we have a clear plan based on education, awareness and activity that's already making an impact. We value the diversity of our people and are working to increase this, by joining us on this journey you can help us to shape our future inclusive culture.
Reference Code req9346