Internal Communication Manager - HR & Support Centre
Reports to: Head of Internal Communication
Department: Corporate Affairs
Competitive salary plus excellent benefits
Location: Burton upon Trent or Bury St Edmunds base with agile working
We have an outstanding opportunity for someone who is passionate about creating engaging internal communications in a fun and diverse organisation and who wants to play a significant part in a business whose whole purpose is to pour happiness into lives.
We brew some of the country's biggest beer brands from our breweries in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, and Dunbar, Scotland, and we serve millions of customers every week through our 2,600 pubs. The real magic happens when our people are empowered to make every customer experience a great one and have the direction, tools and support they need to be at their very best. Our 40,000 team members are the key to building advocacy in a business that is working hard to put people and customers at its heart.
We have a role to support our central HR and other Support Centre teams to deliver a high volume of routine and ad-hoc communications to our teams.
This is a friendly and supportive team with the potential for further opportunities beyond this assignment.
Greene King has real ambition to grow and we want to make sure everyone who works here knows what they have to do to make it happen, is excited about what we are doing, and committed to ensuring this is always a great place to work.
What you will do
- Work with the HR management team to identify a calendar of communication deliverables and develop/maintain a communication plan to be shared with the HR and communication teams.
- Collaborate with the communication manager aligned to the People and Culture transformation to ensure effective management of the plan.
- Develop or review communication content provided by members of the HR team for communication across the organisation, and work with the channels manager to distribute messages with best effect.
- Liaise with the HR Director for Corporate and Pub Partners, and HRBPs, to understand where function leaders may need more communication advice and guidance than we have been able to support to date.
- Work with the HRBP for Corporate and Pub Partners to plan communication and engagement plan to support people based in the Bury and Burton offices.
- 3+years of internal communication experience in a national organisation.
- Experience of digital communication platforms and tools for similar audiences.
- Evidence of management experience and a collaborative style
- Excellent listening skills.
- Pragmatic, practical and flexible.
- Exemplary writing skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt messaging according to the audience
- Ability to work under pressure with good humour
- Good at storytelling, creative and innovative
- Proven planning skills and the ability to deliver projects within inter-departmental teams
- Ability to manage senior stakeholders with humour and resilience
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req8705