Food Pricing Strategy Manager - Fixed Term Contract
The Food Pricing Strategy Manager will blend customer, competitor and financial insights to understand price position & guiding the pricing strategy across the Greene King portfolio.
You will be an expert at taking complex datasets and simplifying into actionable insights. Working cross functionally, you will take a consultative approach; engaging with multiple stakeholders to ensure strategy is fit for purpose and commercially practical. In an ever-changing environment, you will advise on utilising pricing levers, such as promotions, always putting the customer first in design.
- Full understanding and Greene King expert of price performance and the key drivers of average price changes and YoY variance
- Forecast of company price inflation via continual tracking of all changes which impact price
- Ongoing evaluation of the impact of price, promotional and tactical discount changes vs. agreed objectives and recommend action plan optimise
- Alongside Finance, assess the optimum way to conclude if activity is a success in the absence of YoY data
- Utilising all pricing levers to optimise proposition whilst always ensuring customer first; i.e. changing a promotion, upweighting a discount plan or optimising menu creative to enhance spend
- Develop and continually review the short and long term pricing & promotions strategy alongside the marketing team
- Competitor price intelligence; price position vs. key competitors and understanding market trends and how these impact Greene King
- An interest and desire to work within Greene King and the hospitality industry
- Ability to analyse & interpret complex data and simplify into actionable insight
- Consultative approach; ability to balance consumer, financial & operational perspectives
- A strategic thinker; previous customer focused pricing strategy experience
- Ability to influence cross functionally
- Advanced Excel skills
- Flexible and able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- A helpful and supportive attitude
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5033