Food Development Manager - 3 Month FTC
Burton on Trent, STAFFORDSHIRE, DE14 3JZ
Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
A key member of the trading department, responsible for the development and launch of menus, new products and new concepts in line with the company strategy.
Responsible for leading and managing the menu development and product development teams, motivating the team to deliver successfully against the business requirements.
* To ensure delivery of personal and team KPI'S and specific role targets throughout the year
* To develop market leading menus, supported with full pictorial and accurate written specifications and training tools.
* To develop and maintain new and existing products considering team, guest and investor.
* To ensure through the technical team that the company is supported & compliant with government and business strategy in relation to nutritional and food safety guidelines.
* Hold regular review meetings with internal and external teams to ensure clear communication
* To evolve, support and maintain all menu and product category plans.
* To identify and deliver the business requirement with new concept development.
* Continued evolution of the food development process to ensure fit for purpose products in line with the business needs and to drive market leading innovation.
* Conduit of all food development communication with internal and external teams.
* Provider of information to the food element of the BSR plans.
* Respond to all food guest complaints to the relevant brands.
* To be a key lead in the creation of the brand scoping document.
* Drive product, non-food and equipment innovation at pace across all brands.
* To deliver the food presentation sign offs in response to the scoping document.
* To ensure all menus proposals fulfil commercial objectives.
* Manage, coach & develop team members in delivering success to drive internal progression
· One team focused, who can demonstrate decision making for the benefit of the greater good. Values, listens and respect others.
· Applies well developed reasoning and commercial awareness when making decisions. Always considers team guest and investor.
· Highly resilient and works with pace, focus and a can do attitude to overcome obstacles and deliver against tight timelines using own initiative without specific instruction.
· Collaborates effectively across internal departments.
Technical/ Professional Expertise Required:
5 years' experience working within a food development environment
Knowledge of food manufacturing and the food service sector
Guest focused with a real passion for meeting the guest's expectations
Effective decision maker
Proven ability to work in a busy environment to tight timescales
Strong planning and organising skills
Good commercial knowledge
Effective problem solving skills
Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders
Effective coach and influencer
IT literate - ability to use Microsoft Office Packages
Current driving licence
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req4002