Employee Relations Case Manager
As Case Manager you will manage, give advice on and maintain ER cases across one of our brands. You will prepare cases for legal challenges, up to and including employment tribunals. Your aim is to ensure that Greene King employs, maintains, manages fairly, demonstrates consistency and has the right conscious balance with regard to all team members. In addition, you will support your wider team as and when required.
We are all currently working from home whilst our offices are closed. Once we return to the office, we are happy to discuss agile working options with the successful candidate, where applicable to the role.
In addition to employee welfare activities, you will also have the opportunity to work on strategy and planning within the running of the ER department.
You will partner with various stakeholders within your brand and assist line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
You will also…
- Promote equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation
- Interpret and advise on employment law
- Deal with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures
- Plan and sometimes delivering training, including new staff inductions
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with managers, HRBP's and ER colleagues.
- Support the Helpdesk when requested and adhere to Service Standards to ensure a consistent approach
- Provide first line telephone support to Retail Managers, colleagues and other parties regarding ER and policy issues.
- Keep up to date with changes in Employment legislation to implement best practice and procedure and utilise tools and templates to ensure policies are adhered to correctly.
- Work with colleagues in the ER department, and HRBPs to ensure all parties are aware of ER cases.
- Ensure the intranet is a user friendly and informative first resort for Retail Managers, ER and colleagues for FAQs.
- Build strong, credible and visible relationships across the business and be viewed as a trusted advisor.
- Ensure appropriate communication takes place between the central ER, Business Partner and management teams within the remit of ER
- Manage long term sickness and absenteeism areas to resolution
- Liaise with ACAS in pre-conciliation in line with approach agreed with ER Manager and lead HRBP
- Where ET's arise prepare as much of the bundle as possible for our solicitors thus reducing risk and cost and implement settlement agreements where necessary
- Draft outcome letters and ensure case files are updated.
A Level 5 CIPD qualification, or working towards this, would be an advantage
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5419