As a Copywriter you will hold the exciting challenge of bringing our brands to life across all online and offline channels. You will sit within the creative team, but work alongside brand, marketing and digital SME's to create outstanding campaigns across Greene King brands.
Generating original copy ideas that grab the attention of the target audience, you are a natural problem-solver, highly creative, love sharing and exploring ideas and have an imaginative and curious mind.
This is an exciting time at Greene King as we embark on the journey to define, evolve and innovate our customer facing brands. We are looking for a copywriter than can help us build the right foundations and tools to ensure our brands are consistent and have a clear TOV and personality.
- To help and support our brand teams to define and set up TOV of documents to ensure all copy is consistent and on brand
- To become the guardian of our TOV across all channels
- Responsible for producing and delivering multi-channel copy across a variety of digital formats e.g. websites, email, social, media, etc.
- Delivering copy requirements within time frame and to budget in response to business briefs
- Contribute to content planning and implements content plan with high quality content, on time
- Amending, revising or redeveloping digital content or campaigns in response to feedback from brand/digital/comms teams
- Crafting compelling stories that speak to the target audience and achieve communication objectives
- To work closely with brand teams to understand their requirements and lead plans to drive activity through digital and creative channels
- Create brilliant relationships with all business divisions and support teams
- Highly organised and diligent
- Able to work cross-functionally in a collaborative and effective manner
- Very strong communicator, written and verbal
- Ability to deliver under pressure
- A genuine desire to work within the pub and restaurant sector
- A self-starter with the desire to constantly learn, grow and be the best you can be
- Shares Greene King's values and wants to be part of them
- Able to work autonomously
- Customer-first mindset
- Engaging and inclusive personality
- Keen attention to detail and 'no stone left unturned' attitude
- Creative and practical problem solver
- Able to work with others, both in a creative agency team and alongside brand/digital/comms stakeholders
- Creates a positive environment that supports others to be their best
- Takes initiative, and works easily with others, nurturing and building trusting relationships
- Journalist or creative writing background, writing flexibly and creatively demonstrating variety, interest and flair
- Exceptional English language skills
- Enthusiastic, proactive and passionate about writing copy
- Ability to challenge norms and bring fresh angle on old subject
- Agency style time planning and delivery
- Able to take data/insight and craft into a compelling customer-facing story
- Sound creative judgement and ability to put words in context of imagery and wider customer journey
- Able to demonstrate the value of effective and quality copy eg KPI's. and industry best practise
- Understands branding and the importance of writing with tone of voice and to a target audience
- Experience of working to tight schedules
- Experience writing for digital channels essential
- High focus and attention to detail, with impeccable spelling and grammar
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines while still achieving accuracy
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Support centre & Field Based
Reference Code req5317