Brand Manager - Greene King Inns
Firstly who are we?
Greene King Inns estate ranges from pubs with 3 rooms to stand alone 70 bed lodges, each site with a different mix of leisure and corporate guests. With over 160 inns across the country, we've been welcoming guests for over 200 years so we're no strangers to good old-fashioned hospitality.
We now have a fantastic opportunity for a Brand Manager to join the marketing team here in Burton-on-Trent. Reporting to the Brand Director, you will drive the planning, organising and delivery of integrated brand sales and marketing plans that support Operations to maximise profit and grow market share in the sector.
* To own and be accountable for specific projects within your sector.
* To deliver all projects according to the timeline and within budget.
* Key stakeholder engagement and communications.
* To evaluate all projects completed to demonstrate business benefit
* Internal PR of Brand specific POS.
* Financial (budgetary control etc.)
* Plan and manage budgets working with Pricing and Commercial Finance team to ensure that SPH and MPH targets are achieved, with sign off from Brand Director.
Skills & Experience
* Strong Brand/Marketing knowledge and experience, ideally gained within a B2C environment.
* CIM qualified - preferable although not essential.
* Food and drink industry experience with knowledge of the Hotel market
* Willingness to travel when required is essential.
* Educated to degree level or equivalent.
* Data rational with an excellent understanding of financial reporting and sales information and measuring the ROI for campaigns and initiatives.
* Ability to identify and raise issues that may have an adverse effect on the company. Logical approach to solving problems. Demonstrates an awareness of the wider business issues when making decisions.
* Is highly resilient and works with pace, attention to detail, focus and optimism, to overcome obstacles and deliver against the plan.
* Collaborates effectively across and outside the business with stakeholders to achieve swift and co-ordinated delivery of results.
* Communicates and presents clearly and with confidence to gain commitment and support.
* Creates accurate plans and monitors these highlighting any areas of concern. Prioritises work in a clear and methodical manner.
* Shows resilience and calmness and is able to deal with a range of accountabilities at any one time.
* Engages individuals and has a style of operation that delivers excellent results through people.
* Guest Centric - acts as a real guest champion focusing on putting the guest at the heart of everything we do.
* Driven to deliver performance targets and successful outcomes.
* Strategic thinking ability.
* Self-aware and keen to develop.
* Passionate and proactive.
Brand Planning, Brand Performance and Expertise
* Responsible for the ongoing development of the brand to deliver best in market trading performance and a competitive offer that delivers growth expectation.
* To propose, scope, design, deliver and evaluate menu development, key events, trials, tactical promotion activities and all communication plans from the annual brand plan.
* To evaluate and analyse all projects / promotions. Deliver key learning's and recommendations by using performance, category and analysis reporting.
* Brief and engage internal PR and communication for the brand.
* To ensure that all key stakeholders and relevant departments are engaged and energised around the activity plan and co-ordinate briefs to support functions e.g. Pricing and Food Development teams.
* Responsible for planning, co-ordinating and executing launch plans and onward marketing activity plans for new sites
* Monitoring, measuring and evaluating launch plans, creating a best practice model for future roll out / launches.
* Understand the Guest, their behaviour and key market trends, using the insight to influence key decisions on brand development.
* Ensure all marketing communications adhere to brand guidelines.
* Thorough understanding of competitor context and wider market place.
* Develop compelling and relevant communication strategies in conjunction with agencies to deliver a compelling offer that delivers growth and profit targets.
* Monitor and manage the implementation plan, timings and project budgets.
* Internal PR and communication for the brand.
* Monitor agency performance, manage agencies against agreed rate card and benchmark again
What can we offer you?
* Competitive salary + company car
* 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs)
* Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
* Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
* 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
* Onsite parking
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary + company car
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Onsite parking
Old English Inns
Reference Code req2342