Assistant Food Development Manager
To develop and launch market leading menus, supported with full pictorial and written specification, in line with the company strategy. Ensuring that dishes are of appropriate quality, developed with minimum complexity, accurate recipes, accurately costed and are ultimately appealing to our guests.
- To support and maintain all menu and product category plans.
- Initiate and manage menu cook offs.
- Adhere to menu change over periods and deliver to the menu critical path planner.
- Work with the training/investment team to ensure all menus are trained in thoroughly.
- Assist the MPE and Purchasing Team in the management and setting up of new products on the Step / star chef system.
- Maintain brand hierarchy data.
- Yield management and reporting
- Work with the Purchasing Team on the negotiation and agreement of the "net cost" price of products.
- Management of the tracking tools to ensure deadlines are met.
- Sign off menu print with the marketing team.
- Hold regular review meetings with internal teams and ensure clear communication.
- Provide support to operational teams and outlet managers in relation to PQS queries.
- Communicate the tracking of data relating to trends in the Pub and food retail business relevant to their menu.
- Cell communication between menu development, product development, technical, purchasing, Logistics' and equipment & specification team.
- Regular visits to our houses to gain an understanding of external issues.
- Ensuring that dish detail on the STEP / star chef system is accurate, of good quality and up to date.
- Attending supplier presentations and innovation sessions as directed.
- Maintaining an understanding of competitor brand propositions and benchmarking information and then applying that knowledge.
- Maintaining close insight to operations by liaison with training and kitchen teams, working outlet shifts as required, in order to provide positive influence for change and innovation.
- Ensuring that all published material (Spec Book) is accurate and conforms with current legislation and the business's requirements.
- Supervising the process for Spec and Menu photography ensuring all images are accurate and catalogued correctly.
- One team focused, who can demonstrate decision making for the benefit of the greater good. Values, listens and respect others.
- Applies well developed reasoning and commercial awareness when making decisions. Always considers team guest and investor.
- Highly resilient and works with pace, focus and a can do attitude to overcome obstacles and deliver against tight timelines using own initiative without specific instruction.
- Collaborates effectively across internal departments.
- Previous experience working within a food development environment
- Knowledge of food manufacturing and the foodservice sector
- Guest focused with a real passion for meeting the guest's expectations
- Effective decision maker
- Proven ability to work in a busy environment to tight timescales
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Good commercial knowledge
- Effective problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills with the ability to effectively manage stakeholders
- Effective coach and influencer
- IT literate - ability to use Microsoft Office Packages
- Current driving licence
Who are we?
At Greene King we are proud to be the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and high streets across the England, Wales & Scotland.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- Free onsite parking
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Reference Code req7533