Business Development Manager - Locals (Bristol/Wales)
Following an internal move, we are now looking for a Business Development Manager to join our Locals division.
Who are Greene King Local Pubs
A local pub is the heart of the community providing great food and drink every day. We are the social hub where people come to unwind, catch up with friends & family and to watch sport in a winning atmosphere.
A safe place to escape the pressures of everyday life where there is always something going on. Our people are friendly, they take a genuine interest and are always down to earth, we never try too hard, we flex our service style to suit our customers, whether it's the local football team or your regular OAPs who'd like a quiet corner.
We lead, support and coach our teams to pour happiness into lives. For us it's all about developing our teams, enabling them to take ownership and drive their businesses forward and bringing our own personality and expertise to our pubs. We truly care about our people to grow our business by always putting the customer first. Our mission at Greene King is to be the pride of British hospitality and we go out into our pubs every day to bring this to life in all we do.
- Empowering the pub leadership teams with the freedom to succeed, spending time coaching and developing them to run great pubs.
- Taking ownership of the businesses in the area, generating ideas, taking risks and making the changes required to put the customer first and be successful.
- Manage the team as individuals, knowing how to get the best out of them and how to support them with what they need.
- Through regular business reviews, pub visits and team meetings deliver brilliant commercial results, making sure all the pubs retain their individual feel, always 'acting local'.
- Take Internal progression seriously and play a vital role in spotting great talent in both our FOH and BOH teams, developing our GMs to be inspirational leaders.
- Recruiting only the best into Greene King and ensuring that joining us is always a great experience.
- Building close relationships with all our support and functional teams to make sure our pubs always get the best levels of support and expertise,
- Always putting the customer first in everything they do, helping the teams to deliver at the highest level of service possible for our customers.
- Ensuring that the pubs are always safe, legal and clean, mitigating any risk and taking swift and decisive action when required.
- Always striving to achieve our goals, striving for the best and taking ownership of performance. Measuring success against the balanced scorecard key performance indicators the Greene King values and behaviours.
Ways of working:
- Spend time out in the businesses alongside the General Managers coaching and supporting them to succeed.
- Building close relationships with the regional and divisional teams including support and centre of excellence teams.
- Identifying trends in the area, using initiatives and delivering on activities and driving results
- Supporting the pub teams and navigating through all aspects of change
- Working autonomously but staying connected through our vision and overall purpose and strategy
- Can demonstrate strategic leadership as well as commercial delivery in our role.
- Comfortable analysing data, knowing exactly which rocks to lift to glean meaningful insight and create actions that improve performance.
- Can effectively coach our teams to help them be successful.
- Pubs and Restaurants are your true passion and you are able to demonstrate extensive multi- site experience as a Retail Area Manager, ideally within Leisure & Hospitality.
- Extensive experience building and leading a team of highly engaged people.
What's it like to work with us?
It's our people that make us an incredible place to work. We have been through some changes, everything we do is underpinned by giving our teams the freedom to be themselves and own their success.
We care about embracing individuality and each other - Our pubs, Our environment, Our community and Our customers are the heart of Our Greene King.
We take ownership and give freedom to succeed - You will make great things happen and own the outcome, we encourage you to embrace and unleash your potential by thinking differently and doing the right thing.
We win, learn and celebrate together - Be ready to learn to learn from your mistakes but also to win and celebrate success as an individual and with your team
What you can expect from us?
- Competitive salary and pension contribution scheme
- Company incentive plan and private medical insurance
- Up to 33% discount across all our sites for you and your friends and family
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) and the opportunity to buy additional days.
- An employee advice and guidance service and the healthcare service, Best Doctors.
- As one of the industry's leading apprenticeship providers, we can offer training and development at any stage of your career, whatever step you decide to take
If this sounds like it could be you, then please apply!
Greene King Locals
Reference Code req5425